We are delighted to report some good news on the Covid-19 front in Malawi
On 20 April the government of Malawi has announced that due to a reduced infection rate in Malawi of Covid, the restrictions previously set have been eased effective Friday 23 April. Among the eased regulations are:
1. Gatherings indoors to now have 100 people from 50.
2. Gatherings outdoors to now have 250 from 50.
3. Businesses to close at 10pm from 8pm.
4. Bars to close at midnight (with no loud music)
5. Curfew time 24:00
6. Public transport running at 75%
But everyone has been reminded to continue wearing masks.
It is looking likely that our volunteers will be able to return to Sitima in the not too distant future